We all know that our health is our wealth. This same applies when it comes to pet health care. Your pet’s health is as important as your health. It’s unfortunate that your pets can’t tell you that they are suffering from any illness or pain. It’s your responsibility take care of your pet health care needs. Routine check up of the pet is essential to maintain the optimal health condition of your pet. It also enhances the quality of life of your pet. It is really hard to know when your pet needs a doctor. That’s why, Woodbridge pet hospital recommends the pet owners to maintain healthy diet and periodic health check up to keep the pets healthy and happy.
- Healthy And Balanced Diet: Like us, every pet has its dietary requirements. Make sure you give a healthy and balanced diet which is enriched with proteins. You can add fish oil and green vegetables into your pet’s diet. Avoid feeding chocolate, onion and raisins to your dogs.
- Brushing Habit: It’s your responsibility to take care of your pet’s dental health. For this, regular brushing is important. There are pet toothbrush and toothpaste available in the market, you can buy it as per recommendation of your veterinarian.
- Exercise: Like us, pets can also suffer from obesity and other diseases. So, make sure you develop the habit of regular exercise in your pet. You can take your pet for daily walk at least twice a day.
- Vaccination: Vaccination is essential to ensure the protection of your pets against the diseases and infections. It protects your pet from various diseases like rabies, distemper, parvo. You can ask your vet about the types of vaccinations suitable for your pet.
- Oral Care: Oral care is the most important aspect of pet health care. It helps prevent various dental problems. It is advised to take your pet for oral checkup twice a year.
- Don’t Shave Your Pet In Winter Season: If your pets have long hair, don’t shave them in winter season. Because hair gives warmth to your pet.
- Consult Your Veterinarian: If you see any changes in your pet’s behavior, you need to consult your veterinarian. To detect the problem, visit your veterinarian as soon as possible.
Hope, these above tips will help you keep your pets healthy. Just a simple routine gives healthy and long life to your pet. If your pet is suffering from an illness and you want to consult our vets, just call us at (905) 552-VETS(8387)